A lit Ibiza alley with restaurant terraces. As far as the eye can see.
Get-togethers are frequent. You'll see family and friends on restaurant terraces enjoying a bite.
Let me tell you, those terraces are packed in the evenings. It may surprise you how often this happens.
That's our national sport besides football (soccer). Family life and being together are a thing.
Recipe differences depend on the province you're in. Patatas aliña (a potato salad) in Cadiz is not the same as the one in Seville.
With so much influence from many cultures in history, there's so much choice.
But every Spaniard knows the...
- Tortilla Española (potato, eggs and onion tortilla)
- Albondigas (meatballs in sauce)
- Fabada (a white bean stew with meats)
- Zarzuela (a fish and shellfish soup)
- Fideuá (vermicelli with shellfish)
... and the list goes on. These recipes have been around for decades or even ages.